Friday, July 21, 2006

He never insisted on having authority; He never says," Thou shalt..." He leaves us perfectly free; so free we can spit in His face, as men did; so free we can put him to death; as men did; and He will never say a word. Though Heir of all things, the Prince of the kings of the earth, He was despised and rejected of men,” a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief".

What a descent His love to us compelled him to make! O see how low He fell to lift us from our fall! God's own Son, heaven's darling and earth's Prince, and He was now a lowly man of Nazareth... sits there and wear the cruel chaplet which wounds both mind and body at once. For us He became a lamb, for us he laid aside His glory,

O head so full of bruises!
Brown that its lifeblood loses!
O great humility.
Upon His face are falling
Indignities most galling;
He bears them all for me.

Me...?
I...?
Ah, its one of those nights when cynical thoughts came...
When my confidence waver...
When doubts assailed...
When I seem to lost myself...


We say, He has been unwise to choose me, because there is nothing in me; I am not of any value. The bravery of Him in trusting us! That is why He chose you. As long as you think there is something in you, He cannot choose you because you have ends of your own to serve. But if we allow Him to let us into the end of our suffiency, there and then He can bring with us to Jerusalem, and that would mean the fulfillment of the purpose He would not discuss with us.

I am always apt to say because a man has natural ability and talent, therefore he will make a good Christian. But contrary to that, it is our poverty and not our equipment; not of what we bring with us. but of what He puts in us; strength, knowledge and experience of our own is of no avail to this matter. He can do nothing with the man who thinks that he is of use to God. As Christians we are not out for our own cause at all, we are out for the cause of God, which can never be our cause. We do not know what God is after, but we have to maintain our relationship with Him whatever happens.

" Then He took the twelve aside and said to them... but they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34

What is it You see in me
That makes You believe
No matter how far I stray
I will still find the way
Just when I think I'm not strong enough
You reach out to me and You lift me up



Time and time again
When I think I've reached the end
It's Your voice I hear
That draws me near
I don't know what makes You stay
When I act this way
No matter what we've been through
I can turn to You

Just when I think I'm not strong enough
You reach out to me and You lift me up
You find the beauty in my imperfections
The guiding light in all my misdirection
And when I think You've finally given up
You fill my heart with unconditional love



One thing You have asked me to look after, the relationship we have, I will not forget.
And I thank you.




 

No comments: